Most of us give little or no thought to how our living rooms should look, but always wonder how we can make our living rooms look great as some of the five star hotels. The key is to plan your living room to as little detail as possible. Here are 10 things you can do to your living rooms to make it feel bigger, brighter & beautiful:
- 1. Go Light – Use light colors on walls & floor. Softer hues makes your living room feel Bigger & brighter.
- 2. Make Use of Corners - This often-overlooked area can be a great spot to squeeze in an extra accent chair or a corner bookshelf, making your room more livable. Or tuck a cozy chair in a corner to create an instant reading nook.
- 3. Sprinkle in Some Metallics - A shimmery lamp, light fixture, or object will have a similar effect as a mirror, reflecting light and brightening up a space
- 4. Hang a Mirror - Place a mirror opposite a window and it will bounce light around the room, making the space feel airier. The bigger the mirror, the better.
- 5. Fake Bigger Windows - Installing curtain rods a few inches below the ceiling instead of right above the window frame will draw the eye upward and make windows seem taller. The same trick works to visually expand a window’s width, if you hang the rods a few inches past the sides of the panes.
- 6. Match Your Curtain Color to Your Walls - Curtains that blend with the walls create an unbroken line, making a room feel much airier.
- 7. Sneak in Some Storage - An easy way to keep your living room from becoming cluttered is to choose furniture with space to store objects, like a coffee table with a shelf below, a bench with bins underneath, and an ottoman with a removable top and empty space inside.
- 8. Bring in a Plant - Greenery makes you living space feel fresher and lighter. If you don’t have room on the floor, try a hanging plant instead.
- 9. Pull Furniture Away From the Walls - A few inches between the wall and the back of your couch, for example, will make the living room look more open.
- 10. Sprinkle in Some Metallics - A shimmery lamp, light fixture, or object will have a similar effect as a mirror, reflecting light and brightening up a space
It pays to plan your living room as this is space for you to relax, unwind & reinvigorate yourself each day.