As parents we often want the best for our children. Best food, best clothes, best education but what we neglect is giving them the best space to become their own person. We as parents tend to protect our children from things that could harm them, but therein lies the learning which your child would miss out if we are over protective.
So here's few tips on how to create space for your children to help them grow up happily:
- 1. Vibrant colours, fabric, linen, rugs, wall paper et al can add whole lot of fun in to the room. While the furniture's is where practicality comes into play. Choose furniture's that not only address their current needs but should equally address their future needs too.
- 2. Children always like to explore the home in their own unique way. Instead of stopping them from doing that make your home accident proof by covering the sharp edges & corners with rounder's. Hide all electrical wiring & conceal all plug points. This will make your children happy and you a happy parent.
- 3. While doing up your child's room always keep in mind that we need to bear in mind what hobbies or activities is your child interested in? then accordingly decor the room with relevant items that will help your child pursue his interest or hobbies to their fullest potential.
- 4. Lighting is an essential area which we tend to ignore. Whilst it does look good to have warm yellow lights be sure to include multiple kinds of lighting in a kid's room. Overall lighting is a necessity but so is a reading light.
- 5. Help your kids stay organized by keeping things mostly within their reach. Storage, benches and toy cases will all be used more often if kids can get to them easily.
It is fun to decorate your child's room but ensure if your child is slight older to involve them in designing the space so that they get involved and it is a great way for a family to bond.